Sensitive skin should be taken seriously. Mitchell’s Wool Fat Shaving Soap is a natural, lanolin-based shaving soap ideal for anyone with sensitive skin.
Mitchell’s Wool Fat Shaving Soap has been a favorite in the wet shaving community since the 1930s because of its rich and pillowy lather, barely-there citrus scent, and its slick, lanolin base. This shaving soap will give you a smooth, up close, and personal shave you’ll love. It performs spectacularly every time you use it.
Read on to learn what keeps Mitchell’s Wool Fat Shaving Soap users coming back for more.
Is Mitchell’s Wool Fat Shaving Soap good for shaving?
Mitchell’s Wool Fat Shaving Soap is a natural shaving soap that has been popular since it was developed by chemist Fred Mitchell in the 1930s. Mitchell understood the benefits of lanolin on sensitive skin.
Mitchell’s Wool Fat Shaving Soap is made from simple, natural ingredients and uses the same formula it always has, including lanolin from wool fat as its main ingredient. This extremely popular brand provides great lather and lubrication for sensitive skin and is an exceptional buy for under $15.
To decide if Mitchell’s is right for you, we’ve compiled the following information about this shave soap:
Keep reading to learn all about Mitchell’s Wool Fat Shaving Soap!
Mitchell’s Wool Fat Shaving Soap is so proud of the featured ingredient that it put it right in the name of the product!
Mitchell’s Wool Fat Shaving Soap is made with natural ingredients like lanolin because it is soothing to the skin.
Here are some of the shave soap’s most notable ingredients:
- Lanolin – a waxy substance naturally produced by sheep to protect their wool. It is very similar to the natural oils produced by human skin (sebum). It’s used as a moisturizer in soaps, shampoos, and hair care products.
- Sodium tallowate – a combination of lye (a crucial ingredient in soap) and fat that comes from the fatty tissue of sheep or cattle. When these two ingredients are combined, you get soap.
- Linalool – a colorless oil with a light floral scent. It is found in citrus fruits and lavender.
- Glycerin – a colorless, odorless syrup-like liquid. It is derived from vegetable oils and animal fats. It is a moisturizer that protects skin from irritation.
Mitchell’s Wool Fat Shaving Soap uses ingredients that encourage moisture retention and shield skin from irritation.
For decades, the wet shaving community has been a huge fan of Mitchell’s Wool Fat Shaving Soap.
Users love the ultra-slick lather and irritation-free shave. The rich lather it generates has created many happy customers.
The feeling after the shave is a hot topic of discussion in many shaving forums. One user simply said the post-shave feeling can’t be beat. The clean scent, rich lather, and comfortable shave make this shaving soap a top performer.
It is also long-lasting as many wet shavers said a 125-gram puck with daily shaving will last up to 3 months. One shaver said it took him nine months to finish his puck.
This is an economical shaving soap; you can easily find it under $15 with an average price of around $13.
You can easily order it online from websites like Amazon, eBay, and various shaving websites.
Even if you don’t become a long-time user, Mitchell’s is a fairly inexpensive option if you have sensitive skin and want to try it out.
Considering a 125-gram puck of Mitchell’s Wool Fat Shaving Soap is about $13, and lasts about 3 months or more, it is an excellent value. It is a great performing shaving soap that won’t put a huge dent in your wallet.
This shaving soap is also available in online marketplaces like Amazon, eBay, or other shaving supply websites.
If you happen to live in the UK, you can go directly to Mitchell’s Wool Fat Soap Ltd.
Mitchell’s Wool Fat Shaving Soap vs. other brands
Since it has been around since the 1930s, Mitchell’s Wool Fat Shaving Soap has built a reputation for using natural ingredients that soothe and protect delicate skin. The recipe has stayed the same since its development proving simple ingredients are the best for sensitive skin.
The affordable price, thick lather, and natural ingredients have helped Mitchell’s Wool Fat Shaving Soap make top 10 shaving soap lists year after year.
But how does it stack up to other popular shaving soaps?
Where is Mitchell’s Wool Fat Shaving Soap made?
Mitchell’s Wool Fat Shaving Soap is still made in Bradford, England, where it’s been made since the company started. The company also makes body soaps.
What does Mitchell’s Wool Fat shaving soap smell like?
This shaving soap has a light, natural scent. It is not overpowering nor does it linger. Many describe it as a fresh, clean scent.
If you are looking for a shaving soap with little to no scent, this is the shaving soap for you.
Is Mitchell’s Wool Fat Shaving Soap good for skin?
This shaving soap is ideal if you have sensitive skin or don’t want to use any soap with a strong scent that lingers.
It is often recommended by medical professionals because of its gentle qualities and because it can help soothe skin irritation.
Unfortunately, Mitchell’s Wool Fat Shaving Soap does not come in a variety of scents.
How do you use Mitchell’s Wool Fat Shaving Soap?
Using Mitchell’s Wool Fat Shaving Soap is easy.
Follow these steps to use your shaving soap puck:
- Wet your face.
- Soak your brush in water to soften the bristles.
- Rub your brush across the shaving soap puck.
- Create a lather on the face using light, circular motions.
- When you have a lather started, redip the brush in water and apply it to the face in circular motions to generate more lather.
- Once you have a good lather, increase the speed of the circular motions to create a thicker lather.
Is Mitchell’s Wool Fat Shaving Soap available everywhere?
Mitchell’s Wool Fat Shaving Soap is available in the following places: Australia, the British Isles, Europe, Japan, and the United States.
It is also available for purchase through Amazon, eBay, and various other shaving-related websites.
Mitchell’s Wool Fat Shaving Soap alternatives
Despite its many great qualities, there are several reasons you might choose not to use Mitchell’s Woolf Fat Shaving Soap – you may prefer a vegan alternative, you may not be able to get your hands on it easily, or it might just not work for you. In that case, you’re probably looking for an alternative to this popular shave soap.
Here are some alternative options to Mitchell’s Wool Fat Shaving Soap:
- Palmolive – This shaving stick from Europe is known for its rich lather, and non-offensive scent. The palm oil will prevent nicks and cuts. A stick of this will cost about $6 for 50 grams. Many sensitive skin shavers use this brand.
- Tabac Original Shaving Soap with Bowl – This shaving soap comes in a ceramic bowl and lathers richly. The lubrication allows for a close shave without damaging your skin. The masculine scent is not overpowering and the jar is about $25. To learn more about this shaving soap, check out this article.
- Badger Navigator Class Man Care Shave Soap – This shaving soap uses a shea butter base for an extra thick lather. It works in hot and cold water and will give you a close shave. The gentle ingredients won’t irritate your skin and it smells great. You can pick up a 3.15 oz puck for about $13.
- Leaf Shave Soap Bar – This vegan shaving soap bar boasts ingredients like cocoa butter, castor oil, and glycerin. There is no added scent or color, which makes it a great option for anyone with sensitive skin. Although it has a great lather, a few users detected a faint animal fat scent. A 3 oz. shave soap bar is about $9.
The best way to find out if Mitchell’s Wool Fat Shaving Soap will work for you is to give it a try. If you have sensitive skin, it may give you an irritation-free shave. If not, there are plenty of other options for you to try until you find a shaving soap that works for you.